The incumbent is responsible for overseeing the departmental activities of all laboratories. Core responsibilities include ensuring that the department is performing at the level it should be, meeting all goals, and the quality of results being reported are at the appropriate level, meeting all necessary Quality Control (QC) guidelines. The incumbent drives cost optimization and optimal utilization of resources. He/she would collaborate with the management and ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to and that the central & satellite labs meet all necessary performance and regulatory guidelines.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages the supervision and oversight for all lab functions inclusive of processing, embedding, sectioning, and staining for a multi-shift workforce.
- Oversees daily routine laboratory operations on all shifts.
- Maintains quality control standards within CAP, NABL guidelines.
- Performs personnel training, performance reviews, and coaching.
- Maintains established performance and production standards; proposes continual process improvement for efficiency and quality.
- Responsible for turnaround time reporting.
- Responsible for overall laboratory safety.
- Oversees equipment maintenance.
- Responsible for providing departmental supervision of high complexity test performance by employees.
- Ensures that all remedial actions are taken whenever test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
- Evaluates the process for determining the competency of testing personnel and ensures that the employees maintain their competency to perform procedures.
- Directs observations of routine patient test performances, including specimen handling, and processing.
- Review of quality control records, proficiency testing results, and preventative maintenance records;
- Direct observation of performance of instrument maintenance and function checks; assessment of problem solving skills.
- Regulates all Quality Assurance (QA)/Quality Inspection (QI)/Quality Control (QC) to ensure laboratory standards and regulations are maintained.
- Oversees with the selection, training, mentoring, and performance evaluation of lab team.
- Resolves employee relations issues and recommends disciplinary action when required. Initiates disciplinary action when control results exceed defined acceptance limits.
- Acts as final point of contact on technical, procedural, and policy questions. Keeps team informed of new processes and general updates.
- Serves as the Point of Contact for all reports pertaining to the Lab observations
- Serves as the primary Point of Contact for all Operational updates at the Labs with the Sales and BD teams
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.