- Will be responsible for overseeing all engineering related activities of the team, ensuring proper execution of duties and alignment with the business's overall vision.
- The person will be a seasoned organizational and people leader, with deep understanding and experience of data architectures, information systems deployment and storage techniques and information management.
Skill sets required :
- Proven ability to lead and mentor a highly technical engineering team while also demonstrating the ability to discuss, understand and synthesize solutions for the business needs and data management requirements of other organizational units.
- Ability to collaborate with business unit leadership as well as individual members of the team with strong empathy, and the ability to creatively problem-solve.
- More than 15 years of experience in data engineering and data management.
- 4-6 years of experience with distributed data frameworks, Hadoop and related architectures (Hive, Spark, Presto, EMR)
- Hands-on experience in designing and managing data lakes, data warehouses and downstream marts.
- Hands-on experience with AZURE ecosystem (Databricks, Data Factory, HDInsight, Event Hubs, AKS, Azure DevOps, etc.).
- Exposure to modern development approaches (containerization, microservices, CI/CD).
- Hands-on experience with relational database platforms (Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres, MySQL).
- Solid understanding of real-time (e.g. Kafka) and batch data processing frameworks, DAG schedulers (Airflow, Luigi, etc).
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.