Global IT Director - IT Operations
Our client is a very large global consulting organization
The IT Operations Director will lead a highly cross-functional effort focused on supporting and maintaining all facets of the IT department. The IT Operations Director ensures that IT services work reliably and securely, while providing direction and solutions that enhance the critical operations of IT. The goal is to ensure IT systems, services and people are effective and functioning within the limits of budget, time and company specifications.
The IT Operations Director will also play a strategic role in the IT department where they coordinate the implementation and upgrade of IT applications and services. This also includes documenting and maintaining business recovery and data protection strategies for the purpose of resuming operations in the event of a disaster.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in IT Operations and ITIL methodologies, while thriving in a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
- Establish and oversee IT Operations function ensuring that all goals and SLAs are met or exceeded and effectively communicate the business impact across the organization.
- Devise and establish operational policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by the IT leadership team.
- Ensuring adherence to key performance objectives to meet business and customer expectations.
- Collaborating with leadership to build an environment of collective responsibility and accountability.
- Manage global incident, problem & change processes.
- Assist in building relationships with vendors and managing deliverables based contracts.
- Ability to understand and communicate IT cloud and virtualization strategies, as it relates to DevSecOps approach.
- Driving employees and leading performance reviews to ensure engaged and skilled workforce.
- Performing other duties as assigned or required.
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- Demonstrated success and expertise overseeing IT Operations in a large cross-cultural/multi-national firm.
- Strong analytic and big picture capabilities in problem solving approaches.
- Ability to build trust and work collaboratively with senior leadership and stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Sense of urgency.
- Strong leadership and people skills -managing global teams.
- Proficient in ITIL, ITSM and ITaaS.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- 10-15 years of experience in an internal or external role responsible for driving global process and/or system change initiatives preferred.
- Minimum BS/BA in computer science, engineering or related field, MS/MA preferred.
YOU'LL WORK WITH
You will work with a broad spectrum of managers and directors across IT and the IT Leadership team, as well as with our strategic vendors to deliver services and drive significant changes