Designation: Research Associate
Job Location: Bangalore
Department: Chemical Development-Performance & Specialty Materials
Syngene ( www.syngeneintl.com ) is an innovation-led contract research, development and manufacturing organization offering integrated scientific services from early discovery to commercial supply.
At Syngene, safety is at the heart of everything we do personally and professionally. Syngene has placed safety at par with business performance with shared responsibility and accountability, including following safety guidelines, procedures and SOPs, in letter and spirit
Mandatory expectation for all roles as per Syngene safety guidelines
- Overall adherence to safe practices and procedures of oneself and the teams aligned
- Contributing to development of procedures, practices and systems that ensures safe operations and compliance to company s integrity & quality standards
- Driving a corporate culture that promotes environment, health, and safety (EHS) mindset and operational discipline at the workplace at all times.
- Ensuring safety of self, teams and lab/plant by adhering to safety protocols and following environment, health, and safety (EHS) requirements at all times in the workplace.
- Ensure all assigned mandatory trainings related to data integrity, health, and safety measures are completed on time by all members of the team including self
- Compliance to Syngene s quality standards at all times
- Hold self and their teams accountable for the achievement of safety goals
- Govern and Review safety metrics from time to time
- Perform polymerization via different routes, reaction workups, purification/isolation of the compounds by different methods
- Ensure that the samples generated during the course of synthesis are given for analysis and record subsequent results obtained and update the supervisor / group leader on the progress of synthesis and ensure samples are packed appropriately for shipment
- Record the observations of experiment/reaction, results, utilization of resources and other activities related to the reaction in the laboratory or e-notebook following guidelines and in timely manner and ensure that the same is handled safely and confidentially.
- Ensure that the instrument / equipment s are calibrated, undergone preventive maintenance and are kept clean before use and in case of any breakdown, report to maintenance immediately
- Ensure that they know the MSDS of the chemicals they are handling and aware of emergency response procedures in case of accidental spillage, leakage or fire and ensure proper waste segregation as per EHS norms
- Attend all mandatory trainings and update training records as and when trainings are completed
- Ensure confidentiality at all times
- Prepare SOPs/IOPs/EOPs/OCPs when any new lab activity is identified or existing one requires updation
- Any other lab responsibilities as indicated by the EHSQ team member/ supervisor / group leader.
- Understanding and demonstrating responsibility for safety of self & colleagues by following all safety protocols provided by Syngene
- Adherence to all environment, health, and safety (EHS) policies & standards at all times in the workplace
- Wearing all PPE as required.
- Adherence to all procedures related to Syngene s data integrity policies
- Compliance to Syngene s quality standards at all times.
Educational Qualification & Experience
MSc (Polymer Chemistry) with 0 -3 years
- Hands on polymer synthesis using at least one technique like ROP, Condensation, RAFT, ATRP or ionic.
- Polymer analysis by NMR, GPC etc.
Employement Category:Employement Type:
Pharma / Biotech Role Category:
Bio Tech / R&D / Scientist Functional Area:
equal employment opportunity