The role will be responsible for carrying out following to control Repro, Consumption issues and ensure BOM Complaince.
a.DML Study, EPA creation & Releases for New & Productionised models within defined time line.
b.Implementation of Engineering Changes for the Production models received from ERC, within defined timeline to ensure resolution of field failure, product quality etc
c.Cost Release activities for the New & Productionised models at pre defined intervals by providing the required BOM accuracy to Finance
Dimensions of the position
Financial :Product cost, Inventory Cost
Education B.E./B Tech (Mechanical/Industrial/Production/Automobiles)
Skills/Competencies 1. Business Acumen
2. Product Development
3. Customer Centricity
4. Driving Execution
5. Project Management
Relevant Experience :
B.E/B.Tech with 10~15 years of experience
Knowledge of SAP MM, PP & FM modules, PLM Systems
Knowledge of Materials processes & systems
Key Responsibilities :
S.N. Key Responsibility & Key Tasks Measures
1DML Process & implementations
1. Maintain status of incoming flow of ERC DML Releases at STDs level for all products.
2. Study the DMLs & prepare Cost Sheets & represent pictorially with Valid invalid images.
3. Highlight the importance/criticality of DMLs
4. Interact with ERC, AQ & product line for resolving change content discrepancy.
5. Create EPA & communicate with the EPA implementation team
6. Modify the order of prioritization for critical DML implementations (thermal incidences, customer complaints, safety etc)
6. Prepare daily reports for DWM
7. Review internal processes for identifying and implementing the opportunities for improvements on monthly basis
No of DMLs released & EPAs Created within given timeline
2Implementation of Engineering Changes
1. Conduct weekly EPA meeting and exchange information with stakeholders.
2. Co-ordinate for Try-out & smooth implementation for Production models with P&SQ, Quality, Manufacturing, Supply Chain & Product line.
3. Follow defined Change Management Process to ensure implementation within defined timeline.
No of EPAs Raised & Closed within given timeline
3Preparing Bill of Material with FIAPL for Models Manufactured at Ranjangaon-
1. Coordinate with Product Line for feature list and PO/PP plan for New model and study.
2. Get the Production release particularly (DR3P & above) for initiate BoM preparation.
3. Indicate the Condition of supply related errors, BoM related errors and get corrected.
4. Coordinate closely with Product Line & FIAPL team for Bill of Material fine tuning and freezing for SoP, No of New VCs BoM shared in given timeline
1.Ensuring issues identified during release process are resolved.
2.Raising NO PO issues & No part inwarding issues to Product line for errors appearing in SAP error Report & ensuring its closure.
3.Resolving Routing issues & ensuring correct conversion cost.
4.Ensuring Bulk cost is correct in the Cost Rollups
5.Communicating IT related issues to IT team & ensuring closure.
6.Ensuring Cost Release is complete with BOM Complaince > 99.5% % BOM Complaince & No. of VC Cost Release Completed
5Reprocessing inventory, & material accounting discrepancies
1.Study and resolved BOM descrepancies, errors etc received from Repro CFT.
2.Coordinate with ERC in case of design/part changes or structural anomalies in ERC BOM
3.Communicate to Manufacturing & Supply Chain department correct wrong part fitment/part substitution to regularize the deviations . Reprocessing values in Rs. Crores
Tata Motors Group (Tata Motors) is a leading global automobile manufacturing company. Its diverse portfolio includes anextensive range of cars, sports utility vehicles, trucks, buses and defence vehicles