Schneider Electric, a leading provider of energy management and automation solutions, is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Power Electronics Hardware Design Engineer to join our Data Centre Systems (DCS) R&D. In this role, you will be responsible for the design, development, and integration of 3-phase UPS specifically for data centre applications.
1. Design and develop power electronics hardware for 3-phase UPS systems using power converter bricks.
2. Perform system-level integration of power electronics components and subsystems.
3. Ensure compliance with safety standards and regulations throughout the design process.
4. Conduct thorough testing and validation of power electronics systems to ensure performance and reliability.
5. Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including mechanical engineers, firmware engineers, and system architects, to ensure seamless integration of power electronics systems.
6. Analyse system requirements and specifications to determine appropriate power electronics solutions.
7. Collaborate with suppliers and manufacturers to select and source appropriate components and materials for power electronics systems.
8. Participate in design reviews and provide technical expertise and guidance to the team.
9. Document design specifications, test procedures, and technical reports.
1. Bachelor s in electrical and Electronics/ Master's degree in Power Electronics in preferred.
2. Proven experience in power electronics hardware design, 8-15 years, preferably with a focus on 3-phase product development and high power
3. Power Electronics Design: Strong knowledge and experience in power electronics design principles, including AC-DC and DC-AC conversion, power semiconductor devices, and control techniques.
4. System Integration: Ability to integrate various power electronics components and subsystems into a cohesive UPS system, ensuring seamless functionality and interoperability.
5. High-Power Design: Proficiency in designing high-power systems, understanding power distribution, thermal management, and protection mechanisms to handle the requirements of a 3-phase UPS.
6. Safety and Protection: Knowledge of safety standards and regulations related to power electronics systems, such as overvoltage protection, overcurrent protection, fault detection, and isolation techniques.
7. Compliance: Familiarity with relevant compliance standards and certifications applicable to UPS systems, such as UL, IEC, and IEEE standards
8. Troubleshooting and Debugging: Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot and debug power electronics systems, including identifying and resolving issues related to electrical noise, power quality, and system performance.
9. Collaboration and Communication: Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional global teams, including mechanical engineers, firmware engineers, system architects, and suppliers.
10. Prior experience in UPS systems or other power conversion applications is highly desirable.
Keyskills: power electronics design electronics hardware design data center ups systems global teams power quality problem solving hardware design test procedures equipment supply resolving issues power conversion work effectively power electronics energy management power distribution thermal management product development system requirements design specifications
At Mahindra, we offer clients world-class consulting services in three key verticals: information security and risk management, engineering consulting and business process management. Mahindra Special Services Group (MSSG) collaborates with organizations to better protect their information assets, s...