Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. As a part of the Technical Program Management team, you will own delivery of groundbreaking software development initiatives across the connectivity stack, including WiFi and Bluetooth. Come and invent with us.
As a Sr.Technical Program Manager, you ll be responsible for driving and delivering complex projects across various Amazon Devices Teams. You ll be working directly with one or more software development teams, providing them with project leadership, anticipating potential bottlenecks, mitigating project delivery risks, quantifying the impact of tradeoffs, balancing business needs against technical constraints and communicating program status to leadership and stakeholders. You ll have the opportunity to demonstrate your passion for orchestrating the successful delivery of the latest innovative devices to be developed by Amazon.
Key job responsibilities
As a Sr. Technical Program Manager, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to design, manage, and deliver innovative consumer products, technologies, and tools. In this role, you will:
Work with key stakeholders in product management and executive teams to define strategy and requirements
Drive data-based activities to develop insights on device and accessory performance and improvement recommendations
Lead cross functional and full stack problem-solving and development activities from design through delivery
Work with global teams to deliver supporting software and services in sync with launch timelines.
Communicate regularly with senior management on status, risks and change control
Work with subject matter experts to lead and drive new technology initiatives and evaluations for next generation Amazon products and features
Work with component leads to drive evaluation and adoption of new vendor technologies and HW
Work with vendors and external partners to deliver device software and firmware technologies into our products
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Bengaluru, KA, IND, - 7+ years of working directly with engineering teams experience
- 5+ years of technical product or program management experience
- Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
- Experience owning/driving roadmap strategy and definition - Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule and deploy new feature sets
- Experience in hardware/software product development and knowledge of hardware development process and lifecycle
- Demonstrable experience in project management and coordinating/driving release schedules, including cross-functional dependency management
- Knowledge of Bluetooth, BLE, device software systems and stacks from silicon (both MCU and SOC-based) to application and UX.
- Excellent technical, problem-solving and communication skills both written and verbal
- Cross-team coordination and executive presentation skills supported by written documentation
Employement Category:Employement Type:
BPO / Call Center Role Category:
General / Other Software Functional Area:
SR. Technical Program Manager, SW Connectivity
subject matter experts
executive presentation skills