At IBM, work is more than a job it s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world s most challenging problems If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities In the role of Sr. Storage Developer, you would be responsible for Designing and development of individual product features for IBM FlashSystem family of storage products, IBM Software Defined Storage portfolio & IBM cloud storage services.
- You will be owning and driving product functionality as SME and represent it in global product team. The individual will be responsible for Designing and development of individual product features for IBM FlashSystem family of storage products, IBM Software Defined Storage portfolio & IBM cloud storage service.
- You will work with the senior technical leaders and manager in effectively managing the deliverables through his technical skills and prior experience.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 12 18 years of industry experience in Linux Internals,Linux Systems Programming, scripting, Kernel development and build tools in a Linux development environment.
- Proven knowledge of S/W development process & tools for product development/debugging using C/C++, java, Python language, Shell scripting.
- Product development/usage experience on Linux/Windows operating systems for Linux kernel and user level programming and test.
- Product development experience in Public Cloud and experience of customize deployment on Public Clouds using Templates
- Good understanding of Virtualization (KVM, VMWare), Container technologies (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker)
- Good understanding Linux networking internals, networking technologies (TCP/IP, Socket Programming, Ethernet technologies)
- Good understanding of Linux Storage internals, Storage iSCSI/SCSI, IP Storage, Disk technologies SSD, HDD, Cloud Storage
- Proven Storage domain knowledge with hands-on experience on storage software stack implementation and debugging on Linux operating systems.
- Experience in Systems/Storage domains, Storage controllers and features like High availability, DR, Replication, Snapshot techonolgies.
- Good problem-solving skills for complex issues with interdependencies across multiple modules
- Ability to crisply communicate with stake holders (clients and level 3 support teams) for resolving field issues.
- Knowledge and hand-on usage of code and defect management tools.
- Ability to meticulously plan and detail test executions and identifying dependencies.
- Good written/verbal communication skills to report program status crisply and accurately.
- Experience working with Global teams.
- Good technical leadership skills to mentor new team members.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience working with Public Cloud Storage (AWS, Azure, IBM Cloud, GCP)
- Good knowledge on SCSI/iSCSI//iSER/FC/SAS protocols
Employement Category:Employement Type:
IT Services & Consulting Role Category:
General / Other Software Functional Area:
Sr. Cloud Storage Developer
statements of work sow