- Meesho is India's largest social commerce platform, on a mission to enable anyone to start their businesses with zero investment.
- Our entrepreneurs largely comprise housewives in the age group of 25-45 from middle income households and / or tier 2+ India. Our marketplace provides entrepreneurs with the right supply across 100+ categories, logistics, and payment capabilities to successfully run their business. Furthermore, our social sharing integrations with Whatsapp, Facebook and Instagram enable our entrepreneurs to monetize their large social network such as friends, family, neighbors and their larger social network.
Our Vision: We are on a mission to enable small businesses and individuals to start a business online without any investment. Why is this our Vision Small businesses are the backbone of India's economy with 90% of all GDP contribution, but they are still offline and have struggled to become successful online.
- We believe that India's economy will truly be digitised when small businesses become successful online and we want to enable that revolution.
- Enable anyone to start their online business, without any investment. Our Story Meesho was started by Vidit Aatrey and Sanjeev Barnwal with the idea to enable mom & pop stores to sell online. Later they realised their primary users were actually sellers who did not own a shop but used to sell in their social network.
- The founders quickly realised that this is how small businesses will work in the future and built a product to democratise social commerce and enable literally anyone to start their own venture.
- The founders quickly pivoted to enabling social sellers/entrepreneurs monetise their network by providing supply, logistics and payments infrastructure. Meesho has helped ~7M entrepreneurs start their business. Meesho, along with leading e-commerce growth, is also fueling economic growth by creating a new source of income and novel business profile across India.
- We have empowered more than ~7M entrepreneurs by providing them an opportunity to earn their livelihood. We have enabled housewives, young mothers, aspiring entrepreneurs, students, teachers, and even retired people to launch, build, and promote their online business by creating an alternate distribution channel. And all of this without any investment - a problem that most people in lower income groups face in India.
- Meesho is Series D funded with an investment round led by South African company Prosus (previously known as Naspers) along with participation from Facebook and existing investors such as Elevation Capital (previously SAIF Partners), Sequoia, Shunwei Capital, RPS and Venture Highway in 2019. We have raised $200M+ till date and are in advanced talks to raise USD 250M+ more at a valuation of USD 1.5- 1.8 Billion.
- Meesho is headquartered in Bengaluru, India and was one of the three Indian companies to be selected for Y Combinator in 2016. It was also a part of the first batch of Google Launchpad - Solve for India programme. In 2018 and 2019 (for two consecutive years), Meesho was named by LinkedIn as LinkedIn India's Top 25 Startups - 2019 to work for based on top talent pull, jobseeker interest and levels of professional engagement with its employees.
- Meesho has also featured on Y Combinator's Top Companies List 2019 and its recent 2021 list, has made it to Fast Company's The World's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2020 and was declared as The Young Turks Startup of the Year at The India Business Leaders Awards 2020 by CNBC TV-18.
You can read more about Meesho's journey here :
What we are looking for
About the Role
- Driving marketplace growth of the category,
- Should be able to identify broader trends and fill category gaps,
- Supplier Relationship building
- Responsible for merchandising
- Assortment planning,
- Should be able to coordinate with marketing, supply chain, catalog team, finance / commercial and other functions of the organization.
- Should have prior experience or enough knowledge & confidence to manage merchandising operations
- Inbound planning
- Catalogue monitoring
- Discount monitoring
Who we are looking for
- With at 1-3 years of experience, must be good in analytical skills
- Must be from NIT/IIT/BITS/IIM
- A startup culture fit. Willingness to learn, innovate, take initiatives, think beyond what is conventional and accepted and the ability to work in a flat organisation
- A strong analytical aptitude in problem solving Basically we are looking at hustlers!
- A multi tasker, critical thinker and a tactical executioner
- With a proven track record of finding innovative solutions to business problems
Meesho Meesho is building a disruptive social distribution channel via social sellers selling on WhatsApp, Facebook and other social channels. Meesho has so far enabled 10,00,000+ social sellers across 500+ towns to start and grow their online business, with tools around sourcing, logistics and ...