This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Conduct research into the feasibility, design, operation and performance of electrical generation and distribution networks, electrical machinery and components and electronic communications, instrumentation and control systems, equipment, and components
- Prepare material cost and timing estimates, reports and design specifications for electrical and electronic systems and equipment
- Design electrical and electronic circuits, components, systems and equipment
- Conduct micro or nanodevices simulations, characterization, process modeling and integration in the development of new electronic devices and products
- Supervise and inspect the installation, modification, testing and operation of electrical and electronic systems and equipment
- Develop maintenance and operating standards for electrical and electronic systems and equipment
- Investigate electrical or electronic failures
- Prepare contract documents and evaluate tenders for construction or maintenance
- Supervise technicians, technologists, programmers, analysts and other engineers.
Electrical and electronics engineers may specialize in a number of areas including electrical design for residential, commercial or industrial installations, electrical power generation and transmission, and instrumentation and control systems.
Employement Category:Employement Type:
Manufacturing Role Category:
ProductionMaintenance Functional Area:
Opportunities for Electrical and electronics
electronic product development