Commis chefs are novice chefs who work to support a chef de partie in a commercial kitchen. They perform cooking, cleaning, delivery, and other support duties as instructed by the chef de partie. Commis chefs help ensure that a kitchens operations run smoothly.In the commis chef role, you will assist the chef de partie with tasks related to meal preparation, maintenance, logistics, and safety and sanitation. Success in this role will be determined by your ability to support the kitchens efficiency and safety without compromising the quality of the meals produced.
- Monitors kitchen equipment and reports issues to superiors
- Continually develops culinary knowledge to produce high-quality meals
- Measures, mixes, and prepares meal ingredients, sauces, and seasonings
- Washes, chops, and cuts fruit, meat, and vegetable items
- Assesses inventory and requests resupply when necessary
- Plates meal items under the chef de parties supervision
- Disposes of spoiled items and adheres to sanitation policies
Employement Category:Employement Type:
Shipping Role Category:
KitchenF&B Service Functional Area:
Commis Chef 2
ability to produce good quality basic food.
able to lift heavy items
basic knowledge of all sections
understanding of health safety.