I. POSITION SUMMARY
- To deliver safe, fit for purpose piping design to an agreed schedule and agreed budget.
II. NATURE AND SCOPE
- The job holder is one of the key members of the design team having responsibility for piping design.
- The job holder shall be responsible for leading the piping design on projects executed by API. In addition, generating plot plans and other bid deliverables in support of proposal work shall also be part of the responsibilities.
- If the execution strategy calls for design outsourcing, the jobholder shall be responsible for supervising and reviewing the design generated by the design house.
- Responsible for review of corresponding supplier documents
- Responsible for delivering piping design packages on projects.
- Providing support to other AP engineering centers as workload requires
IV. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Safety and rigorous adherence to relevant specifications and standards for all piping designs
- Accountable for layout design and engineering scope adherence in accordance with project specifications standards i mplementation of quality procedures and contribute to continuous improvement activities
- P iping scope definition, planning, review / check / approval, document control and review, scope control, estimating forecasting and other activities necessary for project execution.
- Responsible for developing conceptual piping design and detailed piping design on projects.
- Responsibilities including model development tin SP3D and leading model reviews internally and externally.
- Deliver piping design packages
- Effectively communicate by email, .ppt or face to face AP s execution strategies, schedule issues and project requirements.
V. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS A Piping Designer should have
- A Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with 14-15 years of experience.
- Excellent written and spoken English and strong communication skills.
- Experience comparable with the grade in a relevant industry preferably will have experience of cryogenic/ high temperature/ oil and gas field piping design.
- Must be familiar with an engineering organization, the function of each discipline and how they interact and the function of the various support groups globally.
- Skilled in using SP3D for equipment modeling and piping modelling.
- Hands on experience using Smart Plant Review
- Experience in process piping design and have the ability to utilize a P ID to develop a constructible and cost effective 3D model
- Knowledge on pipe stress concepts, pipe supports, piping bulk material take off, load information to Civil and Steel Structure team
- Experience in isometric extraction and drawing production.
- A working knowledge of valves, in-line devices and typical support details.
- Exposure to global design codes and experience of using them in piping design
Petrochemical / Plastics / RubberFunctional Area:
Engineering Design, R&D, Role Category:
Engineering DesignEmployement Type:
Diploma in MechanicalPost Graduation:
Post Graduation Not RequiredDoctorate:
Doctorate Not Required