Job DescriptionFueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
If you are a highly motivated, self-driven engineer having experience in software engineering with passion for innovation and technologies, this is not an opportunity to miss. Come join the Database Cloud Engineering Team at PayPal whose focus is to create engineering experiences around Database technologies deployed in Hybrid/Multi-Cloud environment with unlimited options to experience complexity, scale and problem solving with cutting edge technologies.
The Database Cloud Engineering team is responsible for developing highly scalable, testable, and performant engineering experiences around Database Technologies in Cloud environments. This position is available at our Bengaluru campus. We have one of the best wellness programs and other employee friendly policies for you to enjoy.
- Design, develop and own solutions
- Develop and maintain technical documentation related to projects
- Participate in architecture discussions and understand solutions
- Participate in code reviews
- Triage and solve live issues
- Participate in scrum team activities
- Must have a BS or MS Degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent
- 3+ years of development experience
- Good knowledge in Python/Java programming languages
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented principles
- Knowledge of common data structures and design patterns
- Knowledge of Relational and NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with QA automation processes and tools such as JUnit and TestNG
- Familiarity with Version Control Systems (GIT, SVN)
- Familiarity with UNIX systems on a user level
- Familiarity with Atlassian suite of products (Jira, Confluence)
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at pa**************************n@pa***l.com.
Employement Category:Employement Type:
Internet / E-CommerceRole Category:
General / Other SoftwareFunctional Area:
Database Engineer 2
PayPal Holdings IncLocation(s):