POSITION: Asst Manager Maintenance Lead (Asst. Chief Engineer)
REPORTING TO: Maintenance Lead ( Chief Engineer )
REPORTEES: Electrician, Carpenter, Plumber, Mason, A/C Technician, Daily labours.
PURPOSE: To ensure all engineering/maintenance operations, including maintaining the all structures, grounds, mechanical equipment, guest Machans and utility systems are maintained in excellent condition. Accountable for managing the maintenance budget, preventative maintenance and energy conservation. Responsible for maintaining regulatory requirements related to the department and leadership of the Health & Safety program.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following: -
- Develop and implement a preventative maintenance and upgrade plan to cover all tasks to be completed on a regular basis, to ensure structures, equipment and grounds are maintained in excellent condition.
- Troubleshoot and repair (or sub-contract) malfunctions in mechanical or electrical systems (e.g., HVAC, plumbing) and other equipment throughout the resort; communicate with other departments to ensure timely response to issues.
- Plan and oversee all repair and installation activities; monitor and coordinate outside contractors in accordance with all contracts, service agreements and warranties.
- Review on-going service contracts to ensure superior performance and competitive pricing.
- Monitor energy and water management programs to ensure cost effective use of utilities.
- Develop and review Standard Operating Procedures for the Maintenance Department.
- Develop and maintain records of all maintenance work, including inspections, certifications, reports and logs.
- Maintain adequate inventory of tools, equipment and stock; place orders when necessary.
- Lead Resorts Health and Safety Program; ensure the resort complies with all government regulations pertaining to structure code requirements, health, fire and safety programs, including employee training
- Arrange for routine maintenance in hotel rooms, lobbies and facilities (e.g. kitchens, tennis courts)
- Organize repair projects in a manner that does not disturb guests
- Plan and oversee renovations and construction
- Act fast to resolve emergency issues (e.g. power outages)
- Find ways to reduce hotel operating costs and conserve energy
- Supervise team of Maintenance Technicians and daily labours.
- Manage relationships with contractors, service providers and related govt agencies.
- Maintain budgets, expenses and activity logs
- Proven experience as a Hotel Maintenance Supervisor
- In-depth knowledge of health and safety regulations
- Familiarity with plumbing, electrical, sewer and HVAC systems; hotel industry experience is a must.
- Experience in administrative processes (e.g. budgeting, performance management)
- Ability to spot safety risks and address needs quickly
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Graduate with qualification in verticals related to maintenance.
- Govt issued Electrical license.
Employement Category:Employement Type:
Hotel / RestaurantRole Category:
Assistant Maintenance Lead (Asst Chief)