Role: Team Lead - Controls & Robotics
Job Location: Bengaluru
Experience Range: 4 7 Years
Education Qualification: Diploma / Degree in Electrical / Electronics/ Mechatronics Engineering
We are seeking an experienced Robotics & Automation engineer to lead a team of engineers to conceptualize and execute automation systems to be deployed across industries like automotive, foundry, packaged consumer goods, pharmaceuticals, heavy engineering, locomotives, construction equipment, etc.,
You will be a member of our engineering team co-crafting innovative automation systems and solutions. To excel in this role, you should have good understanding of industrial robots, PLC, IPC & relay-logic based systems, good logic development skills and strong electrical foundation. You will collaborate with design and simulation engineers on various automation projects, using in-depth knowledge of the latest concepts in controls engineering to come up with innovative solutions. You will be integrating different mechatronic systems, like vision systems, nut runners, gluing applicators, de-burring tools, etc., with robot and PLC/IPCs.
- Establish standards, templates, and guidelines using the information gathered in the definition stage in order to satisfy customer design criteria and preferences.
- Provide technical expertise to design and develop robot programming solutions
- Develop functional specifications, coding strategy, logic, and control configuration structure. Design control panels and create electrical bills of materials
- Develop tools and integration strategies to increase effectiveness and lower cost, investigate and suggest architecture and technology enhancements, assist in developing Controls specifications for projects
- Initial robot set-up, Additional axis, vision, I/Os, and software functions configuration
- Write robot programs from scratch and the ability to edit touch points.
- Select, interface and integrate robots & PLC/IPC with other system hardware and software components.
- Debug and commission robot-based automation systems
- Work with members of the design department and other groups to continuously improve methods of integrating controls technology, with the goals being enhanced safety, functionality and cost.
- Provide thorough testing of machine functionality to verify program completeness and robustness.
- Review and coordinate flow of information among various groups and customers, and implement measures to resolve problems, ensure meeting schedule commitments and achieve customer satisfaction.
- A minimum of 4 years experience in automation systems
- Ability to Create, manipulate and follow robot programs for ABB/ Fanuc/Yaskawa robots
- PLC programming skills with Mitsubishi/ Allen Bradley/ Siemens/ Beckhoff software.
- Experience working on Automotive Welding, Final Assembly or Robotic Work Cell lines is strongly desired
- Experience in robot simulation
- Familiar with machine vision principles
- Good listening, communication & presentation skills
- Tolerance of ambiguity, and commitment to task.
- Teamwork and leadership skills.
- Prioritize the work among competing priorities
Industrial Products, Heavy MachineryFunctional Area:
Engineering Design, R&D, Role Category:
Engineering DesignEmployement Type:
B.Tech/B.E. in Electrical, Electronics/Telecommunication, Diploma in Electrical, Electronics/TelecommunicationPost Graduation:
Any Postgraduate in Any Specialization, Post Graduation Not RequiredDoctorate:
Doctorate Not Required, Any Doctorate in Any Specialization
Controls & Robotics Engineer
Robotics & Automation Engineer