The Corporate Risk Audit Team is primarily responsible to assess the adequacy of the control environment across the firm's risk organization (Credit, Market, Operational, Model, etc.). This is achieved through a comprehensive program of audit coverage that is executed by a global team of business and technology auditors.
Posting is for you as an auditor to join the Model Risk Audit Team. The team s primary responsibility is the coverage of the firm s Model Risk Management framework and the evaluation of the firm s model risk management control effectiveness.
You will be assessing the control environment supporting the firm's risk operations and model methodologies and will be responsible for maintaining relationships with and providing control related advice to business stakeholders. The auditor will also be responsible for planning, execution and documentation of the results of their work for audits conducted
- Understand the design, implementation and use of models or quantitative methods across the firm, including the adequacy of developmental evidence and demonstration of effective independent challenge where warranted.
- Participate in all aspects of audit activities including risk assessments, audit planning, audit testing, control evaluation, report drafting, work paper documentation and follow up and verification of issue closure.
- Partner with colleagues, clients and control community members to evaluate, test and report on the adequacy and effectiveness of management controls in accordance with department and professional standards.
- Ensure the delivery of a seamless program of audit coverage in partnership with other audit teams.
- Identify emerging control issues and report them to line of business and audit management.
- Perform periodic monitoring of operational and financial data to recognize patterns and trends with risk and control implications.
- Stay up to date with evolving regulatory and market events impacting the firm's risk organization.
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Minimum 6-8 years audit or relevant business experience (for example Quantitative Research, Model validation, risk management coverage)
- Relevant certification or accreditation (e.g., Chartered Financial Analyst, Financial Risk Manager, Certified Internal Audit) is a plus
- Knowledge of regulatory guidance (e.g., SR 11-7, SR 15-18) and capital adequacy relevant topics.
- Proficiency in valuation practices, risk assessment, issue/impact analysis and executive report preparation
- Master s with a quantitative focus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including strong technical writing and the ability to present complex and sensitive issues to senior management
Employement Category:Employement Type:
BFSI Role Category:
Finance / Accounts / Tax Functional Area:
Model Risk Internal Audit Associate
risk management framework
chartered financial analyst