Job DescriptionRoles and Responsibilities
- To take over from previous shift technician of:
- Blood bags stock (Tested & untested)
- Reagents stock viz. Blood grouping antisera, Coombs serum, Bovine serum, etc.
- Blood stock record, Issue, Disposal record. Grouping and crossmatch, Blood Donor Cards.
- To check the temperature graphs, temperature display of blood storage equipment. Record them with initials. To change temperature graphs as and when required.
- Donor bleeding, donor screening and post donation care. Management of Adverse donor reaction
- To prepare pooled cells and Coombs sensitized cells.
- To under trace/perform HBsAg, HCV, HIV, VDRL, MP tests as per kit insert. Also carry out test like DCT, ICT etc.
- To check the equipment/ instrument before the test is started. To report the breakdown equipment/instrument to the Medical officer or Incharge and record it. Immediate measure to be sought.
- To test new batch of antisera for titre, avidity, specificity and record findings with initials.
- To collect/receive blood samples for grouping and cross matching.
- To separate serum/plasma for testing. To detect typical antibodies in donor/recipient blood
- To carry out cell grouping, serum grouping, and cross matching by Column agglutination method. To perform Du test on Rh-negative sample of blood. Grouping and cross matching to be done immediately, not to be kept pending
- Separation of blood components within 6 hours of collection of blood.
To receive Blood Bags from other Blood Banks and note the record of the Blood Bag No., date of collection and expiry, testing and record the time of receipt. Desired Candidate Profile
Medical Services / HospitalFunctional Area:
Other, Role Category:
Doctorate Not Required, Any Doctorate
Fortis Healthcare LtdLocation(s):
Blood Bank Technician