About the role
- Work closely with global Engineering Teams, Security and Operations colleagues to ensure best practices are followed while designing new solutions and services.
- Design, implement, document and constantly improve tools, monitoring and automation to deploy and promote code across the different tiers of the software lifecycle
- Partners with engineering architects to develop a clear understanding of the application stacks that power services for McAfee.
- Leads the assessment and configuration/deployment of cloud-based solutions and ensure seamless deployment
- Provides recommendations and solutions for the challenges that arise throughout the planning and execution phases of application deployment.
- Focus on cost optimization efforts across McAfee cloud solutions
- Evaluates new technologies and leads efforts to introduce them into the environment as per business requirements.
- Partners with the DevOps team peers to ensure major decisions align with existing standards and lessons learned from earlier deployment.
- Troubleshoots and identifies root causes for issues in complex environments.
- Follows McAfee security best practices and policies.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested (or required).
- Hands-on working experience in building supporting large scale environments
- Professional experience in administration for cloud-based production systems in AWS, GCP and on-prem (private cloud) environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Lives on the command line.
- Proven ability to work independently, deploying, testing and troubleshooting systems
- Experience working with and supporting production-level services within public cloud environments
- Strong production support background and experience of in-depth troubleshooting
- Experience using modern Monitoring and Alerting tools (Prometheus, Grafana, Opsgenie etc.)
- Experience working with solutions in both Linux and Windows environments
- Experienced with global traffic management tools, e.g. Akamai, CloudFlare
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.
- Experience creating automation using AWS Tools in Lambda, CloudFormation/Terraform or similar and building CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Containerization and associated management tools (Lambda, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of ITIL (IT Service Management) incident management, problem management, release management Agile practices.
- At least one or more AWS Certifications and/or GCP Certifications
- Experienced with AWS Security (IAM, AWS Security Hub, Security Groups, KMS, etc.)
IT Services & ConsultingFunctional Area:
IT Software - Application Programming, Maintenance, Role Category:
Programming & DesignRole:
Programming & DesignEmployement Type:
Any GraduatePost Graduation:
McAfee Software IndiaLocation(s):