- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience building/shipping technical products.
- Experience developing/launching products/technologies within one/more of the following: Cloud, SaaS, enterprise, internal tools, and/or complex supply chain networks.
- Experience driving product vision, go-to-market strategy, and design discussions.
- Experience creating strategic product roadmaps, working with cross-functional teams.
- Experience managing day-to-day technical and design direction building enterprise-scale cloud services.
- Expertise in on-premise and cloud storage systems and related infrastructure solutions
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Engineering, UX/UI, Sales, Customer Support, Finance or Marketing.
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders without direct authority.
About the job
At Google, we put our users first. The world is always changing so we need Product Managers who are continuously adapting and excited to work on products that affect millions of people every day.
In this role, you will work cross-functionally to guide products from conception to launch by connecting the technical and business worlds. You can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development at Google speed.
One of the many reasons Google consistently brings innovative, world-changing products to market is because of the collaborative work we do in Product Management. Our team works closely with creative and prolific engineers, designers, marketers, etc. to help design and develop technologies that improve access to the world's information. We're responsible for guiding products throughout the execution cycle, focusing specifically on analyzing, positioning, packaging, promoting, and tailoring our solutions to our users.
Google Cloud Storage (GCS) is the the object store for Google's cloud. This is a planet-scale distributed storage system that manages exabytes of user data, trillions of objects, terrabits of traffic, and millions of qps. We serve some of the world's largest consumer and enterprise companies, startups in many industries, and (as Blobstore) Google's own services like Drive, Gmail, Photos and YouTube. As Cloud Product Manager, you'll get to drive new product initiatives and as a founding member in this team, you will get to define new products/features as well as play a key role in building the product management team, set its culture, systems and processes along with an opportunity to collaborate with exceptional UX designers, program managers and software engineers.
Google aims to build products that organize the world's information and make it universally accessible to our users. As a Product Manager at Google, you could be working on new technologies, platforms, consumer facing products, and/or enterprise systems. The end goal will be to match you with the team that best aligns with your interests, experience, and where you will have the most impact.
- Understand the cloud ecosystem, markets, competition, and user requirements in depth.
- Launch new products and features, test their performance, and iterate quickly. Drive positioning, pricing, and go to market strategy for our launches.
- Develop innovative solutions to hard problems by collaborating as needed across regions, areas, and functions.
- Interact with customers and partners to understand their key requirements and help define a credible product roadmap.
- Drive product development collaborating closely with engineering, user-experience design, finance, product operations, marketing, and field teams.
Employement Category:Employement Type:
Product Manager, Google Cloud Storage