Bengaluru and Occasional travel across Karnataka and India.
0 to 2 years experience in project technical support, desktop support
- Conducting (Face to Face and through webinar) and giving techincal support for the training programs for teachers, teacher educators across different colleges, schools as well as government and non-government officials in using and deploying different software applications, including educational applications
- Supporting learners to use different ICT tools for for their teaching and learning purpose.
- Coordinating with teachers, teacher educators on ICT-Integrated programs at schools/colleges/institutions level.
- Visit schools regularly to support the team to run programs smoothly and support teachers on hardware and software installation at partner institutions
- Installing, configuring, using, and troubleshooting different software applications. We work with a wide variety of software applications in different areas, including Desktop publishing, resources creation applications, multimedia (audio and video editing), website management, apart from the operating system, office suite etc.
- Providing technical support to schools and other institutions in using different free software applications
- Configuration and maintenance of the Internet, network LAN, WAN in office, and in other workshop places
- Customizing Operating System of Linux as per the user's requirements.
- Developing/customizing websites using Drupal, WordPress and Mediawiki software to build and maintain websites
Experience and Skills:
- 0-2 years in a similar job providing technical support
- 0-2 years of experience as different ICT tools trainer (or teaching experience)
- Candidates should know different webinar platforms to conduct training for teachers, teacher educators and students.
- Candidate needs to have some knowledge about Linux and Other FOSS tools
- Fluency in English and Kannada reading and writing. Reasonable fluency in speaking Hindi and good communication skills
- Candidates are willing to travel around Karnataka and around India when required
- Candidate needs to have the interest to give training on different FOSS tools to the learners (include school students)
- Willingness to learn new technologies and tools, especially Free and Open Source Software
- Working knowledge of the installation of computer hardware/software
- Age preference between 25 and 30 years.
The place of work will be Bengaluru, Karnataka with occasional travel across different places in Karnataka and India.
IT for Change combines a challenging, dynamic work environment and excellent professional growth opportunities. Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and would not be a constraint for the right candidate.
To apply:Please email your CV to te******s@it********e.net with Project Assistant - IT in the subject line.
NGO, Social Services, Regulators, Industry AssociationsFunctional Area:
IT Software - Application Programming, Maintenance, Role Category:
Project ManagementEmployement Type:
B.Tech/B.E. in Electronics/Telecommunication, Other Specialization, Computers, B.Sc in Other Specialization, Computers, Diploma in Other Specialization, Computers, Electrical, Electronics/Telecommunication, Engineering, Graphic/ Web Designing, BCA in ComputersPost Graduation:
Any Postgraduate in Any Specialization, Post Graduation Not RequiredDoctorate:
Doctorate Not Required, Any Doctorate in Any Specialization
IT For ChangeAddress:
393, 17th Main, 35th Cross, Jayanagar 4th T Block, Bnagalore, BANGALORE, Karnataka, IndiaLocation(s):